Minutes of WHFC meeting via Zoom 19th August 2020


Present Julia Scarth-Chair, Sarah Mardle-Secretary, Roger Hancock-Treasurer, Doug Robinson, Sarah Chambers, Chloe Parish

1: Apologies for absence.    Charlie Chambers, Sue Lee

2: Minutes of last meeting 17th June 2020 were agreed and signed & will be posted on Wookey Hole Website

3: Tribute to Hugh
The members gave feedback on how the village tribute to Hugh Talbott went, a   large number of villagers lined the streets to pay their respects & say a fond farewell to Hugh, it was a very moving moment & Hugh's family were very touched.
Roger proposed and it was agreed that Julia should be reimbursed for the flowers given to Elizabeth on behalf of the Forum      
 
4: Road working group.
Sarah C has spoken to Mike Pullin about the traffic issues in Wookey Hole & the need for traffic calming measures & he seems very enthusiastic. He has suggested that he walks through the village with members from the Residents Forum to see what the issues are.
Sarah Chambers, Roger Hancock & Julia Scarth will join him. Sarah C to contact Mike Pullin & arrange a suitable date.

5. LWTST
Sarah M reported that the scheme figures had been finalised.
Income     £6556.73
Expenses  £6091.00

Profit        £465.73

£400 of this were the 2 donations made by Elizabeth Rennie

6: Treasurer's Report
  £1179.57     Total Opening Bal.- £520 Parish council grant,  £659.57 WHRF
 £1720.30        Closing Bal.
-£540.73         Difference

£ 465.73          LWTST credit
 £  75.00          Milk Hut Cheque not cashed yet
£ 540.73        

7: Neighbourhood Plan
Because Neighbourhood Plans have been used recently to protect local green spaces, the committee discussed whether it would be beneficial to contact Ian Humphreys & Tony Hathway, the Parish Councillors who are working on a draft of the new Neighbourhood Plan. Concerns were raised about whether it was worth any time & effort due to the lack of success last time, but the committee agreed that it would be beneficial to make contact - Julia Scarth to contact them.
The inspector for the Local Plan Part 2 has postponed the planned meeting in October, it will be rescheduled.
All agreed that it was beneficial to email the mailing list when large planning applications were made in & around Wookey Hole.

8; Lockdown experiences
A volunteer has not been found to create a web site for Lockdown Experiences. It was felt that a one off "Lockdown Experiences" publication would be a good idea & Chloe Parish agreed to arrange an email to send out to the mailing list asking for residents experiences.
     
9: Truespeed
A Truespeed Zoom meeting was held for the villagers but only 5 people attended.
There are approx 230 properties in Wookey Hole & Truespeed need between 90-100 households to sign up for it to be financially viable for them. So far they only have 34 orders.

It was reported that Truespeed costs £47.50 p.m. this includes internet & a phone line. They do 2  telephone call bolt ons -  £6.99 p.m. for 24/7 free telephone calls or £2.99 p.m. for free pm & weekend calls.
 
When Truespeed have the numbers required they will schedule the installation.
Our contact at Truespeed is Tony & he can be contacted on 07507 765692

10: New Committee Members
Discussion took place about how best to advertise for new committee members.
It was felt that an advert emailed out to the mailing list & also recommendations from committee members would be useful.  

11: Future Events
None to be planned at the moment

12: Next meeting via Zoom 7th October 7.30pm, No AGM will be planned, we will discuss further at next meeting.

13: AOB
None reported



Stay safe stay well.

 

Minutes of WHFC meeting via Zoom 17th June 2020

 

Present Julia Scarth-Chair. Sarah Mardle-Secretary. Doug Robinson. Sarah Chambers. Chloe Parish. Sue Lee-taking minutes

1: Apologies for absence.    Charlie Chambers. Roger Hancock

2: Minutes of last meeting 13th May 2020 were agreed and signed

3: Hugh Talbot, founder of WHRF and former chairman passed away on June 12th.
    His funeral will be on 26th June at 1pm, As a mark of respect and to say our final goodbyes,
   all those wishing to, can line the route from his home to the bottom of Milton Lane, an email will be sent to residents.
   Flowers and card to be sent from committee. Julia will arrange. Hugh will be so sorely missed.

4:Feedback on meeting via Zoom with councillors and MPs June 12th
   Present from committee- Julia Scarth. Sarah Mardle, Sarah Chambers and Doug Robinson
   Tessa Munt and James Heapy attended. It was well supported by local residents.
    Ros Wyke leader of MDC answered all questions and notes were taken by Lisa Poole,
   these notes will hopefully be available at the end of next week.
  James Heapy has objected to the planning on Armchair ground.
  He suggested reading 'Living with Beauty' a document that is not yet in Government policy 
 
5: Road working group.
  An email was sent out to all residents asking what they would like to happen in the village regarding traffic and roads.  Only 6 responses were received so another email will be sent as a reminder.
   As the traffic in Milton Lane has increased due to SAT navs, it was suggested that perhaps a sign could be erected at the top to read 'unsuitable for heavy vehicles' or 'No Access to caves'.
  Mike Pullin was asked about possible 20mph signs to be erected,  but as they have to be in a certain radius of a school, this might not be possible.  Sarah C will phone him and enquire.

6: Treasurer's Report
  £1179 Total
  £520 Parish council grant
  £659 WHRF

7: LWTST 
   Currently on 12th delivery, people are mostly using scheme as back up, with restrictions lifted they are now doing their own shopping.    

    9 orders this week compared to 21 previous weeks.
    From July 1st, Lisa and Mark Lunnon will soon be opening a fruit and veg shop from Myrtle Farm, they will be offering home delivery.
    This could take over from LWTST which looks likely to finish in July.
    An email will be sent to residents informing them of Myrtle Farm Fruit and Veg.

8: WHRF bank account.
  Julia Scarth, Sarah Chambers and Sarah Mardle are now official signatories.
   Other signatories are Roger Hanock, Nancy Sampson and Hugh Talbot.
   Nancy Sampson & Hugh Talbot's names will be removed after lockdown.

9; Minutes of WHRF web-site 
   It was agreed that starting from last month's meeting 13th May 2020 minutes will now be put on the website.

10: Sharing group
      A new website is being considered for residents to share lockdown experiences, from Art, Music, Recipes etc.
      Unfortunately Nicky Davey, due to other commitments, can't oversee it, but suggested other avenues.
      Sam Mills will be asked if he would like to help to get this up and running.

11: AOB.
     Next meeting via Zoom 29th July 2020 10am

Stay safe stay well.

 

 

 

 

Dear Residents

The effects of the coronavirus look likely to result in greater disruption to our everyday life.  The Residents Forum want you to know that if you are being affected by the restrictions brought about by the Coronavirus epidemic, you are not alone. Rest assured that there are many people in the village willing to help out (with shopping for example) if you find yourself affected by these issues. Also, it might be that being stuck inside for days you might want to just have a chat with someone.  The following people have said they are happy to help in whatever way they can, so if you find yourself in need of help in some way do give one of us a ring.

Residents Forum Committee

Julia Scarth 672754

Sarah Mardle 672005

Sue Lee 675326

Sarah and Charlie Chambers  674078

Doug Robinson 678271

Hugh Talbot 679678

Roger Hancock 673032

Chloe Parrish

The following have also contacted us to say they would be happy to help too

Katri Healey 678057

Melitta Izzard 678786

Ivor and Caroline Tetley 677282

Best Wishes to all

Wookey Hole Residents Forum

Under the new proposals, Devon and Somerset Fire & Rescue Service are looking to move underused resources from where the risk is low and invest more into work to reach the most vulnerable members of society and help keep them safe. This includes proposed closures of a number of fire stations where risk and activity is low and the removal of fire engines that are underused.

 

We want to hear from as many people as we can. We have a number of drop-in consultation events across Devon and Somerset - find out more here: http://dsfire.gov.uk/SaferTogether/ServiceDeliveryConsultation//TakePartInTheConsultation.cfm?siteCategoryId=18&T1ID=211&T2ID=460

 

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service are consulting on proposed changes. Please take part in the consultation to have your say on how the changes could impact you and your life. http://bit.ly/DSFRSconsult  #SaferTogether #DSFRS (please tag us @DSFireUpdates too if you wish)

 

Your fire service is changing take part in the consultation

 

 

This planning application has been filed regarding a planning application for pyrolysis R&D facilities at Haybridge:  https://planning.somerset.gov.uk/Planning/Display/SCC/3619/2019

 

Representations must be made by 7th August 2019.

committee-clipart-committee-free-clipart-1.jpg

WHRF are looking for someone to volunteer to take the Minutes and send out the Agendas during 2018. This will be for 3 committee meetings so not a huge job. Could you contact us if you could do this. Age, immaterial. No experience necessary, would be helpful if you could use a computer, but not essential. 

What's On

Upcoming Events

No events